P-DTR®: Proprioceptive – Deep Tendon Reflex®
P-DTR® takes a deep understanding of how the nervous system works. It bypasses the need to stretch, mobilize or crack joints and muscles to effect postural change and to help reduce tightness and pain symptoms.
Raoul Treverton is the first and only certified P-DTR® practitioner in Houston, and one of only a handful of people in Texas who can perform this technique.
Who is P-DTR® for?
P-DTR® is for anyone who wants to:
- Maximize balance and stability throughout the body
- Reduce or end acute pain
- Achieve long-lasting results
- Treat the problem rather than the symptoms
- Optimize athletic performance
- Resolve problems you thought you would “just have to live with”
- Accelerate recovery from acute injury
- Increase range of motion, strength, and stamina
- Eliminate lingering dysfunction and pain from chronic injuries
- Improve muscle function and coordination in a short amount of time
- Build tolerance to and overcome weakening effects of repetitive stress
Why might P-DTR® be right for my issue?
Motor function is not just determined by our muscles and bone/ligament structure; rather the muscle system is modified by the inputs from sensory receptors in our body. These receptors all send information to the brain for processing and the brain takes this feedback into account when making decisions regarding our movement. If this information is incorrect, as can be the case, the brain is making decisions based on bad information. The result is typically reduced Range of Motion, strength, performance, and increased pain and dysfunction.
To use an analogy, if your computer has a software bug, changing the monitor or keyboard will not solve the problem. P-DTR® works by effectively identifying, isolating, and eliminating those bugs. Using a comprehensive system of manual muscle testing and neural challenges, involved receptors can be located and normal, pain-free function can be quickly restored. The work is rapid, effective, and unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
Who developed P-DTR®?
Proprioceptive-Deep Tendon Reflex® was developed by orthopedic surgeon Dr. José Palomar. His work recognized that sensory receptors (such as those for touch, pressure, hot, cold, pain, etc.), and the way the body processes the information from these receptors, are key in determining neuromuscular responses (muscle function) throughout the entire body.